The idea of community aligns strongly with the mission of the National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC), to support those who enhance the growth and development of gifted and talented children through education, advocacy, community building, and research. NAGC plays a unique role as a catalyst to assist in building and strengthening the gifted education community. We are convening member thought leaders to generate new ideas, address challenges, and seek opportunities to create positive societal change within their community and the gifted education Industry as a whole.
According to children’s advocate Marian Wright Edelman, “Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it.” This strategy sets a path forward for NAGC to achieve our mission to support those who enhance the growth and development of gifted and talented children through education, advocacy, community building, and research. We aim to help parents and families, K-12 education professionals including support service personnel, and members of the research and higher education community who work to help gifted and talented children as they strive to achieve their personal best and contribute to their communities.
NAGC Engage, a virtual member-powered community, was designed specifically for you. With the support of the NAGC Engage Online Community Advisory Group made up of NAGC leaders who represent the diversity of the community, provided a wide range of experiences, perspectives, and expertise, to strategically help guide the direction and implementation of Engage.
Here are some of the features of NAGC Engage:
- Network and Special Interest Groups Community Discussion Forums
- Email Notifications
- Ability to reply to posts via email
- Group Resources
- Group News
- Group Events
- Group Links
- Private Messages
- Rich User Profiles
- And more!
How To Connect: Click here to view the Engage Online Community Quick Start Guide or follow the instruction below:
- Log into NAGC Engage at http://engage.nagc.org/ using your current NAGC username and password.
- Update your profile and photo by clicking My Profile.
- View groups you're in by clicking My Groups.
- Join some Groups by clicking Find Groups to Join.
- Start a discussion by clicking Post New Discussion from the Discussions tab of any group.
- Reply to a discussion by clicking Reply… from within the discussion online OR by replying to a discussion email notification.
If you have any questions and/or issues, please contact the NAGC Community Manager.