NAGC Affiliates Spring Update

on March 31, 2023 at 3:18 PM

NAGC Affiliates Spring Update

User Posts: 128 - New User

Dear NAGC Affiliate Leaders,

I hope this finds everyone well and gearing up for a productive spring! I wanted to take a moment to share a few important updates with everyone.

We recently held our 2023 NAGC Leadership and Advocacy Summit in Washington, DC! We had nearly 70 advocates attend the conference and meet with their representatives in Congress. During the conference, we also shared a link to an affiliate advocacy needs survey created by the NAGC Public Policy and Advocacy Committee. If your affiliate has not already participated, please take 5 minutes and do so here. The information you provide will help guide the committee in their work to support the advocacy needs of our affiliates for the rest of the year.

I’m also happy to share a link to our new affiliate resources page! We’ve curated a list of helpful resources, documents, and more to help our affiliates as they grow and strengthen their association. Resources related to association governance, marketing, finance, and more can be found on our new website. If you’d like to suggest a resource, please use the form at the top of the webpage and let us know!

Lastly, I’d like to share a link to our media kit for the upcoming NAGC Teachers Summit! This is a new, virtual event taking place next month. If you’d like to share information with your members and spread the word about this excellent professional development opportunity, please find the materials in this shared folder.

As a reminder, our next quarterly affiliate call will be on Tuesday, April 25, from 4:00-5:00 pm ET.

I will be on paternity leave starting on or about April 15 through early June, so if you have any questions or concerns during that time, please contact nagc@nagc.org.

Kind regards,

-David

David H. Cutler, MPA, CAE

Director of Government Relations & Public Affairs

National Association for Gifted Children

1300 I St NW | Suite 400E | Washington, DC 20005

202-785-4268 | dcutler@nagc.org | website | facebook | twitter

2 people saw this online 1 people saw this by email
on April 5, 2023 at 2:23 PM

User Posts: 18 - New User

Thanks for all the info! The new and improved Affiliate website really is an improvement - lots of good resources for state groups. I have forwarded the link to my fellow WATG (WI) board members.  Pam